Locations: Nashville, TN
Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Nomads MMS offers a better opportunity for powersports industry professionals who desire a more satisfying career. In 2016, Nomads was born when it served it's first customer on the side of a busy highway out of a small car trunk and a small box of tools. Since then, the innovation, satisfaction, adventure and 1000's of valued customer/mechanic relationships have blossomed into a new culture of service for motorcycle owners and their preferred mechanic. It’s time to rethink, upgrade and love your career again with Nomads Mobile Motorcycle Service.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Proficient problem solver of motorcycle related system failure. Understand motorcycle systems and design concerning, inspections, services, repairs and diagnosis. Proficient in correct motorcycle mechanical procedures on all major motorcycle systems (service for engine, brakes, suspension, electrical, cooling, frame, fuel and air, transmission, drivetrain, tires and wheels, etc.
- Proficient skill, task and time management. Be able to direct other mechanics in fulfillment of strategic manager oversight and efficiently relay objectives to produce and achieve timely results within company goals.
- Appointment customer relations primary point of contact for all motorcycle repair and service tickets: Manage appointment scheduling, times, planning, customer communication, repair and service expectations.
- Manage service vehicle including maintenance schedule, stocking of supplies, manage organization and operational reliability
- Able to lead and supervise mechanics in appointment services, give direction and delegate work. Coach, mentor and train team on Nomads procedures and policies, motorcycle services and appointment planning, organization and scheduling. Create and manage healthy and productive interpersonal relationships.
- Write up estimates and invoices related to appointment services and keeping track of all appointed projects. Lookup, track, research, purchase parts for invoice tickets. Assist in record keeping. Take payment for services and securely manage funds and transactions.
- Operate and Drive Service Vehicle to and from appointments: Daily Plan Routing, Research and divert route accordingly to avoid delays and hazards and size restrictive roadblocks, Practice safe and efficient driving techniques, Competent in all vehicle maneuverability (forward, reverse, cornering, parking), Monitor vehicle operational gauge measurements for acceptable service ranges, Understand emergency maneuvers and vehicle max capabilities, Full understanding and knowledge of all major vehicle operation systems
- Able to load and unload and physically manage a wide variety of small, medium and large motorcycles and trikes, including sport, cruisers, dirt, adventure, road, etc.
- Able to ride and test many different sizes, styles and brands of motorcycles for appointment services.
- Present Nomads brand to customers and be knowledgeable of all company policies, practices and procedures
- Business and Marketing Events: Assigned Duties as needed
- Take direction and abide by managerial oversight, ability to receive and give feedback to improve overall business functionality for customer expectations and stakeholder agenda,
- Business and Company Training Attendance: Safety, Contracts and agreements, Permissions, All Roles and Duties supportive training, Associate Position Promotional Training
Ideal Candidate attributes:
- Master Motorcycle Mechanic Certifications
- Motorcycle Safety Course Certifications
- Previous work experience in customer relations, office management, and or service shop management
- Self motivated and a self starter
- Lover of all things motorcycles and ridership culture
- Positive and humble attitude
- Problem solving oriented and cool under pressure
- Proficient listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Team player and ability to contribute with compassion and compromise
- Always hungry to learn, be more productive and find and execute efficiencies
- Value Nomads MMS brand culture and company direction
- Ready to help when called upon
- Able to manage personal and work life balance
- Execute productive work time management
- Willingness to be coached and implement performance improvement procedures
- Legal to work in US
- High School Diploma or Degree Certificate
- Preferred 2yr Associates degree or equal experience
- Preferred GPA 3.0 or higher
- Valid US Drivers License
- Valid motorcycle license
- Pass DOT Driving record
- Pass Drug Screen
- Pass DOT Physical Exam
- Travel 0-10% Required
- Over 18
- 5-15 Years Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Pass background check
- Pass LTI English Language Proficiency Test if required
Job Benefits and Compensation
- Student loan payback program
- Relocation/Sign-on bonus
- Flexible schedule and vacation options
- Salary/Pay base + profit sharing % ($50,000 - $100,000)
- Company attire, equipment, tools and PPE provided
- Insurance Benefits
- Paid Training Time
- Nomads Stock Options
Nomads Mobile Motorcycle Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer that pledges to not discriminate against candidates based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information and abides by all local, state and federal employment laws.